Chicken with Asparagus and Veggies (Carb Free Dinner)

As I explained in my post from earlier today, Wednesday's are from now on no carbs for dinner day! So only a piece of meat or fish with a big plate of vegetables. I usually don't have any new year's resolutions. I believe that if you want to change you can do it any time of the year. But I was thinking about all the changes I made in 2013 and how much that, in a very positive way, changed my life and that made me think about what I want to do different lifestyle wise. One of these things was drink more water and the other one introduce one day a week at which I don't eat bread, pasta, noodles, quinoa, rice etc during dinner. Wednesday's are perfect for that goal because I don't work out on that day. For my first carbs free dinner I decided that I wanted chicken and when I was buying vegetables on the market last Saturday the asparagus were on sale so I went with these and had a mixture of other vegetables on the side. Let me know what you think of the recipe when you tried it!



Amount of servings: 1

Duration: 10 minutes

The ingredients:

  • 1 chicken breast filet of about 200 g
  • 250 g green asparagus
  • 1 sweet paprika
  • 1 white onion
  • 5 chestnut mushrooms
  • 3 tbs agave syrup
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tbs black sesame seeds
  • salt & pepper
  • olive oil
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 to 3 fresh sprigs of thyme

What you do:
  1. Boil some water for the asparagus in your kettle. Remove the dry, somewhat woody bottom of the asparagus. You can do this by breaking the asparagus, they will break right at the point that you want to lose if you hold both ends of the asparagus and then bend it. Boil them in a pan with plenty of water. The time they need to cook depends largely on their size and your preferences. They are done when they have softened. I cooked them for about 7 minutes. 
  2. Then mix the agave syrup, soy sauce, crushed garlic clove and sesame seeds in a small bowl and put aside. Cut the chicken into cubes, heat up some olive oil in your wok (or frying pan) and bake the chicken golden brown in 8 minutes on medium to high heat. Meanwhile chop the vegetables. Add the onion 4 minutes later to your wok then the chicken, followed by the mushrooms and paprika. When done, turn of the heat and add the sauce. Give it a good stir so everything is covered. 
  3. Put on your plate together with the asparagus. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the asparagus and some fresh thyme leaves and serve.

Enjoy!


Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment