It's Sandwich Time!

It's Wednesday, which means for me that it's sandwich time for me. I always work at another location on this day and  don't always have access to a refrigerator to keep my lunch salads. Which isn't to bad since it's good to have some variation in your meals! And I also made Wednesday's dinners: no carbs dinners which means, no rice, no pasta, no potatoes, no noodles, no bread or anything. So from now on you can expect a carb free dinner recipe each Wednesday. Today I will make a simple chicken dish with asperagus and some other veggies but will post this recipe tonight!

First it's time for lunch, and a made two simple but divine sandwiches using ingredients you probably already have in your home. One triple C sandwich (Chicken - Cucumber - Cottage Cheese) and a simple tomato-egg combo. I had a big bowl of oatmeal for breafast and since I didn't have a snack at 11 A.M. I ate two whole sandwiches, but of course you can also make one and have a small arugula sandwich on the side.



Amount of servings: 1

Duration: 5 minutes prep for both sandwiches together

The ingredients for the Triple C Sandwich:
  • 2 slices of whole wheat (spelt) bread
  • 1 tbs cottage cheese
  • 1 slice of chicken breast
  • 4 cucumber slices
  • Lettuce
  • Pepper

What you do:
  1. Smear the cottage cheese on one slice of bread and season with pepper. Then put the lettuce, slice of chicken breast and cucumber on the cottage cheese. Put the other slice of bread on top, slice in halve and the first sandwich is ready to be eaten.
 
The ingredients for the Tomato-Egg Combo:
  • 2 slices of whole wheat (spelt) bread
  • 1 ts cottage cheese (more to taste)
  • 1 boiled egg
  • Lettuce
  • Salt & Pepper

What you do:
  1. Smear the cottage cheese on one slice of bread and season with pepper. Then put the lettuce, sliced tomatoes and egg on the cottage cheese. Put the other slice of bread on top, slice in halve and the second sandwich is ready to be eaten. 

Enjoy!

 

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment