Meal Prepping

On Sunday's I always do some meal prepping which saves me a lot of time during the week and on Monday! Since I get lots of questions related to what I prep and why I do this I decided to write a post about it because I really belief that, although it takes some time, it is really beneficial! But you can only prep when you have proparly planned your meals!



On any given Sunday (or Saturday when I now I won't be home Sunday) I prep all the things in the picture which takes me about one and a half hours. What you're prepping depends on the meals you have planned for the upcoming week.

First, I always make sure I have enough homemade granola for breakfast and raw food bars in stock. This really helps me not to cheat during the week because by already having it made it's there and just as easy accessible as an unhealthier option.

Second, I find it really handy to have my homemade red pesto or pesto ala Genovese in my refrigerator. These are perfect to pimp up your sandwiches but it also allows you to make a quick pasta when you're unexpectedly late out of the office. Also make sure that you have some pasta sauce or homemade healthy lasagna in your freezer!

Third, I make sure that I have some pre-cooked quinoa or brown basmati rice in the refrigerator. You can use this in your lunch salads or add it to your dinner so the only thing you need to do is steam some vegetables and grill some fish and you have a quick and easy meal!

Fourth, I make sure that I boil 5-6 eggs so I have a boiled egg every day for in my lunch salad (which I also prep on Sunday's for Monday) or just as a healthy snack! You can keep the boiled eggs in your refrigerator up to a week.

Fifth, I roast a bunch of pine nuts which I can put trough salads and pasta's which I also save in a bowl in the refrigerator! 

And last but not least I made some clean & healthy banana oatmeal chocolate cookies which I can have after dinner with a cup of green tea and I cut some fruit for my breakfast tomorrow morning. I'm planning to have my yoghurt with fruit and by already cutting up the fruit and keeping it in airtight containers in the refrigerator I only have to put everything together in a bowl in the morning!

Good luck! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! You can put them in the comments under this message, send me an email, or ask me on instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment