Pesto ala Genovese

I like to make as much of the sauces and spreads I use myself. I'm a huge fan of pesto since it's so handy to have it in the refrigerator. You can make delicious sandwiches with it, and by having a nice homemade pesto in your refrigerator you can easily make a quick and tasty pasta when you're in a hurry or late out of the office. I already posted the recipe for the delicious red pesto and now I would like to share with you my other favorite the green pesto or better known as pesto ala Genovese.


The ingredients:

  • Large bunch fresh basil
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • 35 gr roasted pine nuts
  • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (more to taste)
  • 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Pepper & salt to taste
  • juice of half a lime

Directions:
Very easy: just put everything in your food processor and mix until you have a smooth paste. Make sure you taste it and add pepper, salt & parmesan cheese to taste. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It is pesto alla genovese - 2xL. Other than that very nice recipe. Really fresh and delicious.

    ReplyDelete