Green Curry with a Dutch Twist

My mom gave me a large bag of precooked mussels without shells because she didn't know what to do with it. So I've been thinking of recipes to use them because I can't find any good recipes on the internet. I already posted a delicious recipe in which I used them: my tagliatelle frutti di mare. So this week I wanted to try something different and I was craving curry so I decided to make a green curry with the mussels. Eating mussels with shell is a typical Dutch dish and they are cooked with leek, carrots and celery. So for this curry I decided to use the leek and carrots and it turned out great! I can imagine that it doesn't sound all that attractive, but it was delicious! Was surpised by how good it turned out. Yum!


English recipe:


Duration: 30 minutes

The ingredients:
  • 75 g brown basmati rice
  • 100 g cooked mussels (without shell)
  • 1 leek
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 ts green curry paste
  • 200 ml coconut milk
  • 1 tbs matelote (fish sauce)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1 tbs olive oil

What you do:
  1. Cook the rice as directed on the package. 
  2. Cut the leeks into rings and the carrots into slices
  3. When the rice needs only 15 more minutes you heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan with the teaspoon curry paste. Bake for 1 minute before adding the coconut milk. Stir well and bring to a boil.
  4. When it's cooking you need to add the fish sauce and carrots to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir. Then add the mussels to the pan and cook for 10 minutes. 
  5. Serve the curry on rice. 

Enjoy!


  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

................................................................................................................

Nederlandse recept - Groene Curry met een Nederlands Tintje:


Tijd: 30 minuten

De ingrediƫnten:
  • 75 g bruine basmati rijst
  • 100 g gekookte mosselen (zonder schelp)
  • 1 prei
  • 2 wortels
  • 1 tl groene curry pasta
  • 200 ml kokosmelk
  • 1 el vissaus
  • Zout & Peper
  • 1 el olijfolie

Bereiding:
  1. Kook de rijst zoals aangegeven op de verpakking.
  2. Snijd de prei in ringen en de wortels in plakjes. 
  3. Wanneer de rijst nog 15 minuten moet doe je 1 eetlepel olijfolie in een hapjespan met de theelepel curry pasta. Bak voor 1 minuutje voordat je de kokosmelk erbij doet. Roer goed. 
  4. Breng het geheel aan de kook en doe dan de vissaus en wortels erbij. Breng op smaak met zout en peper. Roer nogmaals goed en doe dan de mosselen in de pan en kook 10 minuten mee.
  5. Serveer de curry op de rijst. 

Eet smakelijk!


  Wil je dit recept later maken of delen met je vrienden? “PIN” me dan op PINTEREST of “SHARE” dit recept op FACEBOOK door gebruik te maken van de sociale media icoontjes hieronder (in het grijze kader)!

No comments:

Post a Comment