Scrumptious Vegetarian Mushroom-Egg Sandwich

Today I really didn't feel like having a salad for lunch so I took a look in my new refrigerator and I noticed that I had a lot of mushrooms left over and then it hit me, I was going to make a scrumptious oven baked mushroom baguette with a fried egg on top. And yes guys, it was really good and I'm so full right now. Really enjoyed this sandwich as lately I barely had bread.



Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients:
  • 1 whole wheat bun for in the oven
  • 200 g chestnut mushrooms
  • 8 cherry tomatoes
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs grated cheese
  • handful arugula
  • 2 tbs homemade red pesto
  • 1 ts fresh thyme leaves
  • Olive oil
  • salt

What you do:
  1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees of Celsius.
  2. Heat up 1 tbs olive oil in a frying pan, quickly slice the mushrooms and bake them for 3 minutes. Meanwhile slice the tomatoes into four. After the 3 minutes add the fresh thyme leaves and tomatoes and bake for another 2 minutes.
  3. Slice open the bun and smear each side with pesto. When the mushrooms are done let them drain a bit in a colander. Then put them on top of the pesto followed by some grated cheese and put them in the oven for 8 minutes.
  4. When the buns only need 4 minutes in the oven, heat up some olive oil in a small frying pan on low to medium heat. Crack an egg and bake on one side until done. 
  5. Get the buns out of the oven, put some arugula on top followed by the egg. Season with sea salt.


Enjoy!

  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

No comments:

Post a Comment