Pasta with Tuscan Chicken

Besides my new series of blog posts on the benefits of superfoods I'm also working on some posts about cook book reviews. I have so many and some cookbooks and as I sometimes make recipes from them I wanted to do more with it than just mention it in my post. So stay tuned. But for now I want to share with you a recipe from the Dutch cooking book: Koken met Karin: Zonder pakjes & zakjes deel 2. I had this tonight, of course made some adaptations, but it was really good! And you don't need a lot of ingredients so it's a pretty cheap dish also.


Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:

  • 75 to 100 g gluten free pasta
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 2 large tomatoes
  • 200 g green beans
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tbs dried oregano
  • 1 ts fresh thyme
  • 1 ts spelt flower
  • 1 tbs tomato puree
  • Splash of soy cream
  • Handful arugula
  • Grated parmesan cheese
  • Olive oil
  • Salt & Pepper

What you do:
  1.  Boil 1.5 liter water in your kettle.
  2. Clean the beans and cut the ends of and cut them in halve. Cook for 7 minutes in a small pan with 0.5 liter boiling water. Cook the pasta with the rest of the water as directed on the package.
  3. Cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt, pepper and 1/2 tbs oregano. Then toss with the flower so every chicken piece is covered with it. Heat up 1 tbs olive oil and 1 crushed garlic clove in a frying pan. Bake the chicken.
  4. Meanwhile slice the tomato into small pieces and when the chicken is slightly golden brown and almost cook add the tomatoes, tomato puree, thyme, the rest of the oregano, the soy cream and some salt & pepper. Drain the beans and add to the sauce. Give it a good stir and let it sit on the heat for a couple more minutes.
  5. Drain the pasta when ready and mix with the sauce. Serve with arugula and parmesan cheese.


Enjoy!

  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!


No comments:

Post a Comment