Healthy Chicken Kebab

This Saturday started with a rainy and cold bootcamp. But we did it! Afterwards I did all my groceries, watched Sven Kramer in action at the Olympics and went to the movies with a good friends. She stayed for dinner and I made these absolutely delicious chicken kebab pita's. So yummy! Perfect food for the weekends. Although.. I made my own garlic sauce, and I'm going to a party with my brother tonight in Amsterdam (Qult) so I apologize in advance, because yes, I stink.


Duration: 20 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:

  • 250 g chicken breast filet
  • 2 whole wheat pita's (from the organic store)
  • handful spinach
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 small white onion
  • 1/2 sweet paprika
  • 1 tbs kebab spices
  • homemade garlic sauce: 3 tbs organic mayonnaise, 1 garlic clove, 1 tbs fresh parsley
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • salt & pepper

What you do:
  1. Put the mayonnaise in a small bowl and mix with 1 crushed garlic clove and the fresh parsley and set aside.
  2. Thinly slice the chicken and mix with the kebab spices and olive oil in a bowl and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile slice the onion and paprika and put a frying pan on medium to high heat. 
  3. Then add the chicken and bake for 2 minutes. Then add the onion and paprika and bake until the chicken is done (takes about 5 to 8 minutes more). Season with salt& pepper. 
  4. Meanwhile roast the pita's, put some spinach and sliced tomato in them and te chicken shoarma. Put some sauce on top and enjoy!


Enjoy!

  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!



No comments:

Post a Comment