Blissful Banana-Quark Smoothie Bowl

For those of you who don't follow me on Instagram, a couple of weeks ago I discovered the best breakfast ever and since then I'm kind of addicted to it and it has become sort of my signature dish. Ladies, gentleman, be prepared because it's delicious and super simple! You just blend a banana with quark or Greek yoghurt and top it with Homemade Coconut Granola and any fruit you like but this combo with blueberries en white grapes is definitely my favorite so far.

Through all the questions on my Instagram pictures I learned that quark isn’t well known outside Eastern Europe countries so here’s a short explanation: quark (I use ‘lean quark’) is a dairy product with a similar texture as Greek yoghurt, only a little thicker and richer in proteins. It is made by warming soured milk which is strained when the desired consistency is met. And no it’s not the same as cottage cheese, because this is made with rennet and has a more loose consistency. So if you are living outside of Eastern Europe, you can substitute it with low-fat Greek yoghurt.



English recipe:


Duration: 5 minutes

The ingredients:

What you do:
  1. Simply blend quark with a banana in your blender and top with granola, blueberries, white grapes and bee pollen! 

Enjoy!


  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

................................................................................................................

Nederlandse recept - Banaan-Kwark Smoothie Bowl:


Tijd: 5 minuten

De ingrediƫnten:

Bereiding:
  1. Doe de banaan en de kwark in je blender en meng tot het een glad geheel is. Doe in een kom en top met de granola, blauwe bessen, witte druiven en bijenpollen.

Eet smakelijk!



  Wil je dit recept later maken of delen met je vrienden? “PIN” me dan op PINTEREST of “SHARE” dit recept op FACEBOOK door gebruik te maken van de sociale media icoontjes hieronder (in het grijze kader)!

1 comment:

  1. I've been using quark in everything so much so that I've run out of ideas, can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete