Waldorf Salad

I'm trying out some new lunch salad combo's because lately I ate the same combinations and this was getting a little bit boring. So I'm going out of my comfort zone and challenging myself to make some salads with products I usually don't use in a salad. So no cucumber and tomato combinations but something completely different! And my version of a traditional Waldorf salad is absolutely amazing, as I say so myself. The combination of flavors is surprising and they really complement and enhance each other! So of course I had to right a post about it and provide you with the recipe!



The ingredients for 1 serving:
  • 75 g mixed lettuce
  • 1 boiled egg
  • 1 apple
  • 3 slices chicken breast filet
  • 20 g white cheese
  • 1 to 2 tbs roasted walnuts
  • 1 heaped tbs dried cranberries
  • For the dressing: 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbs white wine vinegar, 1 ts mustard and 1/2 ts agave syrup

Simple directions:
  1. As a always take my salads with me to the office I prepped this one the evening before and stored it in my refrigerator. So make sure you have a boiled egg and roast your walnuts. 
  2. Add all the ingredients to an airtight box, but don't slice the apple yet because then it will turn brown. So you have to do this when you're going to eat your salad. But you can crumble over the white cheese and already add the sliced chicken breast filet, cranberries and roasted walnuts.  
  3. Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a separate small airtight bowl and also store in your refrigerator.

Bon appétit!

 

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment