Mexican Chicken with Vegetables in Broth

It's Monday, time for a new week full of new opportunities! My week has started great, I got an email that my second article is now published in the correct version and it's highly accessed (which means that it has been downloaded more then usual in the first 2 weeks)! So feeling proud right now and full of energy to work on my other articles! The published article is a review of literature about factors that influence the implementation of worksite health promotion programs focussing on healthy lifestyle! For those of you who are interested you can access the article here.

As you know I made Wednesday no carbs day. But today on the menu was Mexican chicken with vegetables and rice from Jamie's 15 minute meals. So I made the dish with rice, but the chicken and vegetables were so tasty that I didn't even touch the rice! So this is a perfect carb free dinner!! Great tastes and of course if you want just serve with brown rice.


Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:

  • 1 chicken breast of 120 g
  • 3 carrots
  • 2 spring onions
  • 1 sweet pointed paprika
  • 1 red paprika
  • 50 gr frozen peas
  • 3 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 chicken stock cube
  • 150 g green beans

What you do:
  1. Boil 400 ml water in your kettle. Cut the carrots into thin slices, the spring onions into rings, put them with the boiling water and thyme sprigs in a frying pan on medium heat and crumble over the stock cube. 
  2. After 5 minutes put the chicken into the pan together and put the lit on. 
  3. Clean the beans and cut the ends off and deseed and slice the paprika's. Add to the pan together with the frozen peas and put the lit back on and let the chicken cook for about 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken so make sure you check!). 
  4. When the chicken is done get it out of the pan and put on a chopping board. Put the vegetables and some broth on a soup plate, slice the chicken and put on top. 

Enjoy!

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment