Healthy & Heavenly Grilled Cheese

I always have, and always will love a good grilled cheese sandwich! That's still my guilty pleasure. But today I made two more healthy options! I was looking through my cookbooks for some new inspiration and these are bases on recipes from Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals. And they are good! Perfect substitute for one with melted cheddar cheese and ham! I made a vegetarian version and one with chicken. Try them out both!

I only took a picture of the sandwiches before I put them in my 'Sandwich Iron' (tosti ijzer in Dutch, I don't know the correct English term..) because afterwards it wasn't so pretty.


Vegetarian 'Tosti'

The ingredients:
  • 2 slices of spelt or whole wheat bread
  • 2 to 3 chestnut mushrooms
  • Handful arugula
  • 25 gr soft goat cheese

What you do:
  1. Put one slice of bread on a chopping board and put the arugula on top. Slice the mushrooms and put them on top of the arugula, crumble over some goat cheese. Season with pepper and put the other slice of bread on top and put it in your grill until it's done.

Kind of Greek 'Tosti'

The ingredients:
  • 2 slices of spelt or whole wheat bread
  • 1/2 ripe tomato
  • 1 slice of chicken breast
  • 20 gr feta cheese
  • 1/2 avocado
  • pinch of dried oregano

What you do:
  1. Put one slice of bread on a chopping board and put the chicken breast on top. Slice the tomato and put some slices on top of the chicken. Cut the avocado into cubes, put on top and crumble over some feta cheese. Season with oregano and put the other slice of bread on top and put it in your grill until it's done.

Enjoy!

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment