Cajun Salmon with Sweet Potato Puree

Received some great news today! I passed my last exam which means that I have obtained my masters degree in Epidemiology. So I'm not only a health scientist who is about to obtain her PhD this year and become a doctor, but I'm now also a Epidemiologist! Feeling very happy and proud right now. This week couldn't have gone better and were only halfway!

But now on to the recipe of the day.  I made a sweet potato puree with a Cajun Salmon. Delicious! But before I give you guys the recipe I was wondering, what are your goals this year regarding healthy living and what changes are you going to make? My changes include among other things: drink less cow milk - I had this everyday during dinner but cow milk isn't that great for you; and drink more water each day to make sure I stay hydrated. So leave your goals and desired changes in the comments to inspire others!


Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:
  • 1 salmon filet
  • 2 tbs Cajun spices
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 150 g sweet potatoes
  • 1 sweet red paprika
  • 1 green paprika
  • 100 g corn
  • 2 spring onions
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 20 g grated low fat 30+ cheese
  • 1 tbs sweet paprika powder
  • salt & pepper
  • olive oil

What you do:
  1. Peel the skin of the sweet potatoe(s) with a peeler. Cut the potato into slices and put with a pinch of salt in a pan. Pour over enough boiling water to make sure that they are all under water and let cook for approximately 8 minutes.
  2. Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Rub the salmon with the Cajun spices, pepper and salt and bake in the oil and 1 crushed garlic clove for about 3 to 4 minutes each side. 
  3. Deseed the paprika's and slice into pieces and put them in another frying pan with olive oil and the other crushed garlic clove. Cut the spring onions into rings and put them together with de corn in the pan with paprika. Season with pepper, salt and sweet paprika powder. Make sure you keep stirring. 
  4. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and mash with a potato masher. Add the grated cheese, some more pepper and salt. Give it a good stir and mix with the vegetables. Put on your plate and put the salmon on top. 

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. As you have asked about healthy life, I should tell you that I am.following a better healthy diet for regular basis which will let me live my life perfectly. I might add some words on you recipe based on potato puree and cajun salmon which looks so tasty, so I should try it once at home though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a parting tool is held in the right hand it is allowed to cut into the wood until the calliper slips over the cylinder. wire masher

    ReplyDelete