Rosemary Thyme Potatoes (out of the oven)

I don't eat a lot of potatoes, but if I do then I almost always make these delicious potatoes out of the oven! They are so good and I thought, with Christmas coming up that it is finally time to post the recipe. It makes a perfect side dish and everybody who I ever served these potatoes absolutely love them! As a bonus your house will smell fantastic and very homey! It's perfect with chicken or a nice piece of meal for Christmas. But you can also serve them with, for example, chicken burgers.

I had these potatoes yesterday when my grandmother came to visit me and served them with Chicken from the Oven. The recipe for the chicken will follow later today!



Duration: 45 minutes (mostly waiting!)

The ingredients for 4 persons (for one just divide everything by four):
  • 1 kg potatoes with skin
  • 3 tbs olive oil
  • 1/2 ts dried oregano
  • 4 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 ts sea salt

What you do:
  1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees of Celsius.
  2. Clean the potatoes under cold running water and halve them (don't remove the skin!). Cook them in a pan with boiling water (all potatoes need to be under water) and some salt for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the olive oil with the oregano, thyme leaves, rosemary leaves (finely chopped), the garlic (sliced) and the sea salt in a small bowl and set aside.
  3. Pour the potatoes and let them evaporate. Mix with the olive oil mixture until everything is evenly covered. Put them on a griddle covered with grease proof paper and place them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Make sure you stir them once a while! When they are golden brown they are done and ready to be served!

Enjoy!


Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

1 comment:

  1. Hoi Debbie, ik heb gisteren confit de canard gemaakt met jou aardappels, maar de olijfolie weggelaten en vervangen door het vet van de eendenbouten.
    Moet je eens proberen dan krijg je een wat meer delicate smaak aan de piepers.

    Groeten

    Pieter

    ReplyDelete