Quinoa Porridge

I just got a question from one of my Instagram followers what other things you can have for breakfast besides oatmeal or a bowl of quark with fruit (smoothie bowl). A while ago I made quinoa porridge and I prefer oats, but if you are not a big fan of oats you can definitely try this one because it's still good! But inspired by her question I decided to give it another try as I had a light lunch and was feeling a little bit hungry and it turned out pretty good this time!! This recipe is definitely going to get on my breakfast list!


Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients:
  • 60 gr quinoa flakes
  • 150 ml unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 ripe banana, in slices
  • 1/4 ts cinnamon
  • 4 tbs quark or Greek yoghurt
  • 1 tbs linseeds
  • 1 ts sunflowerseeds
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • Couple of strawberries
  • 4 pecans

What you do:
  1.  Cook the quinoa flakes in the almond milk for about 10 minutes with 3/4 of the apple sliced in pieces, the sliced banana and cinnamon. After 10 minutes mix trough the yoghurt or quark and let it sit for 5 minutes.
  2. Slice the rest of the apple and strawberries. Put the quinoa porridge in a bowl and top with the rest of the fruit, some linseeds, sunflowerseeds and the slightly crushed pecans.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment