Poached Egg (V)

I love eggs and I eat one every day! But today I wanted something different so I decided to give a poached egg a try! The first one failed miserably but the second one turned out perfect!! I always imagined that making poached eggs was very difficult, well it's not! So if you want to make one yourself make sure you read this post!

You can easily have this for breakfast or serve with a salad for lunch! And doesn't this look fancy when you serve it for Christmas breakfast or brunch?!


Duration: 5 minutes

The ingredients:
  • 1 large organic egg
  • 1 slice of whole wheat (spelt) bread
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 3 cherry tomatoes
  • 1 small spring onion
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Optional: fresh basil leaves
  
What you do:
  1. Boil water in your kettle and put the slice of bread in your toaster. When the water is boiled pour it into a pan (I used a saucepan) and make sure that the water is at minimum 5 cm high. Bring back to a boil, add some salt and then slightly lower the heat but make sure it is still boiling! Break the egg in a small glass or bowl, make sure the yolk stays intact, and gently pour it into the boiling water. Use a spoon to make sure that the egg white remains centered and boil for 3 to 4 minutes so the yolk is still nice and soft. 
  2. Get your slice of bread out of your toaster, cut the avocado and put on top and season with pepper. Cut the cherry tomatoes and spring onion and sprinkle over the bread and your plate. When the egg is done, gently get it out of the pan using a large spoon and put it on top of the sandwich. If you want you can serve it with some fresh basil leaves.

Little tip from one of my Instagram followers: Add a little amount of white vinegar to the boiling water! This also prevents the egg white from 'leaking'!

Enjoy!

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

No comments:

Post a Comment