Oven Baked Chicken

As I mentioned in my previous post, my grandmother came to visit me yesterday and I decided to make this delicious dish from Jamie's 30 minute meals. Served it with my amazing Oven Roasted Rosemary Thyme Potatoes and a simple Winter Salad.

Baking chicken this way results in a perfect tender piece of chicken! It's full of flavours and perfect for in the winter. But as you know by now I'm in the mood for Christmas and I'm trying out some recipes suitable for the holiday's and this is definitely one of my favorites!


Duration: 30 minutes

The ingredients for 2 persons:
  •  2 large chicken breasts of about 180 gr each
  • 1 tbs dried oregano
  • 1 tbs sweet paprika powder
  • Butter
  • 1 lemon
  • 10 cherry tomatoes
  • 4 slices Pancetta
  • 1 sprig fresh rosemary
  • Olive oil
  • Salt & Pepper

What you do:
  1. Preheat the grill in your oven and put a large frying pan on high heat. 
  2. Put the chicken breasts on a chopping board and rub with the dried oregano, sweet paprika powder, pinch of salt and pepper. Make sure all sides are covered and sprinkle over some olive oil. Put a somewhat large piece of butter in the frying pan and a good splash of olive oil. Bake the chicken for 4-5 minutes total in the pan on both sides until their golden brown. Then, put the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Cut the lemon in four and put them, together with the cherry tomatoes, next to the chicken. Pour some juice out of the pan over the chicken breasts and put the slices of Pancetta on top. Put the pan with the rest of the gravy back on the heat, stir the rosemary sprig through, put on top of the chicken and the rest of the gravy in the baking dish and put it for 14 to 16 minutes under the hot grill. Make sure you check whether the chicken is cooked through before you serve! 
Serve with the Oven Roasted Rosemary Thyme Potatoes and a simple Winter Salad.

Enjoy!

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment