My Mom's Tuna Sandwich

This grilled tuna sandwich is an oldie but a goodie. My mother used to make this for me all the time and since I had all the ingredients I decided to make this one for lunch today! The melted cheese is a cheat because melted cheese can't be absorbed by your intestines, but for this sandwich it's only a small amount and sometimes you deserve little cheats like these!


Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients

  • 1 whole wheat baguette 
  • 2 tbs cottage cheese
  • 4 slices tomato
  • 1/2 can tuna in water
  • 2 tbs grated 30+ cheese
  • Pepper

What you do:
  1. Preheat the grill in your oven. Slice the baguette in half and put the cottage cheese on each side, seasoned with pepper. Followed by the tuna, tomato slices and grated cheese. Put them in the oven under the grill for about 10 minutes. But make sure to keep an eye out and get them out if they start to get golden brown!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment