Fish Cuisine with Green Beans and Baked Sweet Potato

This is so my week! Last Tuesday I heard that my article named: "Implementation matters": but what do we actually measure? A systematic review of process evaluations for worksite health promotion programs" was accepted for publication! It's not online yet, just received the proof version and need to make some small changes in layout but I'm super excited! One step closer to getting my PhD! For those of you who don't know it, I'm currently working at my PhD project which focusses on the implementation of lifestyle interventions at the worksite. Very interesting! And I need to finish it 1 April 2013 so need to work hard these last couple of months to finish it. That's also the reason that I don't post a new recipe every day because I just simply don't always have the time. But today I scheduled it so here is a new recipe, partly my idea and the fish recipe is from a Dutch Cooking book that's really helpful if you try to eat clean and make lots yourself! I got it as a gift from my dear friend Lizzy for helping her with the Lizz is More Vitality Event.  (Koken met Karin: Zonder pakjes & zakjes deel 2 door Karin Luiten. Onder andere verkrijgbaar op www.bol.com (link gaat direct naar het kookboek!)


Duration: 20 minutes
The ingredients for 1 serving:
  • 1 white fish fillet of about 150 g (I used pollock from the freezer which I defrosted in the refrigerator, but you can also use codfish)
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 slice of spelt bread without crust
  • 3 tbs quark
  • Fresh parsley
  • 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 ts sweet paprika powder
  • 100 gr green beans
  • 150 gr sweet potato 
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 sprig fresh rosemary
  • Salt & pepper

What you do:
  1. Cook water in your kettle and preheat your oven to 200 degrees of Celsius. Peel the skin from the sweet potato with a peeler and cut it into cubes of roughly the same size. Boil these 10 minutes in a pan with some sea salt, until they are fairly soft. 
  2. Meanwhile, cut the ends of the beans and get the fish out of your refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Crumble the bread in your food processor and put in a small bowl. Finely shop the parsley and at this to the breadcrum with some lemon zest, the olive oil, quark, juice of half a lemon, sweet paprika powder, salt and pepper and mix well!
  3. Put the fish fillets in a greased baking dish and spoon over the quark mixture and bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes depending on how thick the fillet is).
  4. Cook the green beans for about 10 minutes. Drain the water from the sweet potato, pat dry with paper towels and add to a hot frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and fresh thyme and rosemary leaves. Bake for about 5-8 minutes. 
  5. When everything is done put the beans on your plate with the fish on top and the potatoes on the side.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment