Black Bean Brownies

I'm celebrating my twenty-six birthday next week so I always bake some goodies to treat my colleagues during coffee break to celebrate my birthday. For this purpose I was looking for some new recipes and first I decided to try out a black bean brownie. And oh my gosh! It's even better than just your regular brownie. You don't taste the black beans (I was afraid that it would) and it's just perfect. You can add some more sugar or syrup if you're a sweet tooth but I suggest you first try out the recipe as is! You can have it as a sweet next to your green tea but you can also easily serve it as a dessert (maybe for Christmas dinner!!) with a scoop of ice cream and maybe even some whipped cream! And as a bonus it's super easy too make!





What you need:
  • 1 can (15 oz. - 425 gr) black beans
  • 50 gr raw cocoa powder
  • 45 gr rolled oats
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tbs coconut oil
  • 40 gr palm sugar
  • 70 ml agave syrup
  • 1 ts vanilla extract
  • Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
  • 1 ts baking powder

What you do:
  1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees of Celsius.
  2. Simply add all ingredients to your food processor (it fits exactly) and mix until you have a smooth batter. Grease a baking dish of 20 x 20 cm or a similar size (25 x 17 or something) with some more coconut oil and pour the batter in. Put it in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. Test with a toothpick whether it's done, the toothpick should come out fairly clean.

Variation tip: Don't throw away the left over crumbles or brownie. These are delicious over you bowl of (Greek) yoghurt or quark in the morning!!


Enjoy!! 

 

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment