Avocado Pomegranate Open Sandwich

Inspired by one of my favorite instagram accounts: sassyballerina, who also blogs about food on: Hip & Healthy - Food I made this delicious sandwich! I simplified it to make it more budget but I was still amazed by the combination of flavors! In my opinion this is a perfect healthy sandwich for Winter and would also make a delicious, Christmas colored, breakfast during the holiday's! I'm sure it will be part of my Christmas breakfast! Since I'm also working on a post on how to 'survive' Christmas in the most healthy way whilst you van still indulge in some not so healthy or clean treats, this is the perfect example of a healthy festive treat!


Duration: less than 5 minutes

The ingredients:
  • 2 slices spelt or whole wheat bread
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 6 cherry tomatoes
  • Couple of arugula leaves
  • 2 tbs pomegranate seeds
  • Pinch of pepper

What you do:
  1. Toast the slices of bread. Then mash the avocado on both slices of bread and season with pepper. Put the arugula on top, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and put on top followed by the pomegranate seeds and your delicious open sandwich is ready to be eaten!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment