Vegetarian Sandwich

Today I made the most delicious vegetarian sandwich! Perfect and full of vitamins to fight my upcoming cold! Also in the upper left corner a sneak peak of my do it yourself notebook project. My old notebook in which I keep my recipes was full so I went to the Hema and there I saw letter stamps! Oh my, that was something I had to have! Then I found a plain notebook which was perfect because now I could use my stamps to personalize my recipe idea notebook!


What you need for 2 sandwiches (I already ate one because I couldn't wait... so good are they):
  • 1 tomato
  • 2 slices of spelt bread
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Some arugula leaves for on the sandwich
  • 1 tbs homemade red pesto
For the salad:
  • Handful arugula
  • 2-3 sundried tomatoes
  • couple of mozzarella cubes

Quick and easy directions:

Simply roast the slices of bread in your toaster. When they are done put the homemade red pesto on one side each. Then layer one slice with sliced tomato, arugula and sliced avocado and put the second slice of bread on top with the pesto facing down. Cut in half, put on your plate. Then put some arugula on your plate as well mixed with the sliced sundried tomatoes and mozzarella cubes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. very appealing photo, I happen to have all of these ingredients right now and I am looking forward to try it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, Thank you! Would love to hear what you think of it! Bon appétit!
      - Love Debbie

      Delete