Spicy Falafel Wraps

I'm trying out new recipes two times a week to keep myself challenged and of course to present delicious new recipes to you all! Today I made delicious spicy falafel wraps from scratch and there perfect and they are vegetarian!


Duration: 20 minutes

The ingredients for 3 wraps:
  • 3 whole wheat wraps
  • 1 can (400 gr) chickpeas, washed and drained
  • 1 small white onion, finely chopped
  • 1 crushed garlic clove
  • 1 ts cumin
  • 1 ts dried coriander
  • Handful fresh parsley
  • 1 tbs sweet paprika powder
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • Handful of lettuce
  • Some cucumber slices
  • 1 sliced tomato
  • Some carrot julienne 

The ingredients for the guacamole:
  • 1 avocado
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 chopped tomato
  • 1 ts dried coriander
  • 1 crushed garlic clove
  • Pepper & Salt

What you do:
  1. Heat up 1 tbs of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic over low heat for 5 minutes until softened. 
  2. Meanwhile make the avocado: mash the avocado with a fork, add all other ingredients and mix together. Set aside with the avocado pit in the middle to avoid it getting brown.
  3. When the onion mixture is done, put in a bowl together with the chickpeas (don't forget to rinse and dry them!) and dried spices and mash together with a potato masher, fork or in your food processor until the chickpeas are broken down. Stir in the freshly chopped parsley, season with salt & pepper. Beat the egg and put into the mixture and squish it together with your hands.
  4. Mould the mixture in 6-8 balls, then flatten into patties. Heat up the remaining oil in the frying pan and fry the falafels on a medium heat for max 5 minutes each side until they are golden brown and firm. 
  5. Serve them in a wrap (2-3 per wrap depending on their size) with the guacamole, tomato, cucumber, carrot juliene and lettuce.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. WOW I have all of these ingredients right down to fresh guacamole that I made last night! This looks absolutely amazing. I adore felafel and have only ever tried the purchased shop version, I can't wait to try this and the photo looks smashing plus I am newly vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Love to hear if you like them as much as I did! I also tried the purchased shop version but I try to avoid them because I like to now what's in my food and try to make as much as possible myself. Good luck on your new vegetarian journey!

      Delete