Asian Chicken Noodles

Yesterday my brother called me and asked if he could eat at my place tonight. Since he is just living on his own for about 2 week I thought he was just too lazy to cook dinner. But just discovered that the reason he wanted to eat here was, of course he missed his big sister, but he wanted to eat vegetables because apparently he doesn't eat vegetables or fruit at all! I asked him what he had in his refrigerator and he mentioned cherry tomatoes and cucumber and that was basically it. So I'm glad I could provide some vitamins although it's just one day. On the menu was a new noodle recipe which I thought of myself with chicken and bok choy. It turned out pretty good so here it is!


Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:

  • 80 gr gluten free noodles
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 1/2 red paprika
  • Bok choy
  • 1 small white onion
For the chicken marinade:
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 3 tbs sweet soy sauce (ketjap manis)
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs sesame seeds
  • 1 crushed garlic clove

What you do:
  1. Start with mixing the ingredients for the marinade. Then slice the chicken in small pieces and put in the bowl with marinade so everything is covered. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
  2. Heat up water in your kettle and chop the vegetables.
  3. Then cook the noodles as directed on the package.
  4. Put your wok on high heat and when heated up add the marinated chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
  5. Then add the onion and paprika. After about 2 minutes add the white part of the bok choy and finally 2 minutes later add the green part of the bok choy for another minute.
  6. Drain the noodles, put on a plate or in a bowl, and put the chicken and vegetables on top.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment