Breakfast Recipe: Overnight Oats in a Jar

I just love oats for breakfast! They make sure that during the rest of the morning you do not feel hungry. But making oatmeal in the morning is just too time consuming when I'm in a hurry. So on those days I now that this is probably going to happen I make sure that I have made some overnight oats in a jar the night before. You can substitute the fruit in this recipe for any fruit you like.


Duration for prepping: 5 minutes

The ingredients:

  • 150 ml unsweetened almond milk
  • 60 gr oatmeal
  • 1 tbs greek yoghurt
  • 1 teaspoon chia seeds
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon agave syrup
  • 1 apple and 1 banana
  • Handful of nuts of your choice, flaxseeds and sunflower seeds

Directions:
  1. Cut the apple and banana into small pieces and put about 3/4 of the apple and banana in an airtight jar with the almond milk, greek yoghurt, oatmeal, chia seeds, cinnamon and agave syrup. Mix everything well and put the lid on the jar and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
  2. In the morning get your jar, put the rest of the banana and apple on top with the nuts and seeds en your delicious quick breakfast is ready!

Enjoy!

 

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)! 

2 comments:

  1. I believe that preparing oatmeal in the morning is just too time consuming. I have noted down this recipe too. I read your last article also about banana apple oatmeal. I will try it someday for sure.

    Best Regards,
    Finn Felton
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind messages on this post and on the regulat oatmeal post! Hope you like it! And I also never liked oats but now I found the recipe in the other post I just love it and ithas become my favorite breakfast!

      - Love Debbie

      Delete